Sunday, April 24, 2011

Thank You Smart Gilas!


Gilas bowed down already to BGK after an exciting run in the PBA Commisioner's Cup 2011. They were top 2 in the elimination round and never gave in completely when BGK was about to sweep them in the semi-finals.

Game 4 was the end. 85-92. They controlled the game in the first half but it was on the 3rd quarter when everything changed. From most games I watched, the turning point is usually the 3rd qtr. Sigh.

The usual scorers were being guarded. BGK has definitely done their homework. It was still a physical and emotional game. I hope the war did not extend outside the court again.

I just can't help but be worried when I see our captain fall down on the floor. But he gets back up quickly. He wasn't able to score as much like he used to but he was able to set-up the plays that led to points, expecially that great assist that led to an Aguilar dunk! Loved it!

This is just part of the steps they are undertaking for the REAL game. Major step would be the FIBA Asia Champions Cup and then the most coveted slot in the Olympics!

They've shown so much promise during the whole conference and I'm so proud of them! From what they have shown, they'll show more promise in the future! Let's wait for more magic they'll show in the months to come. I can't wait!

Hoping I get to see some of those games live too. (T_T)

Before I close...now that our team will rest for a while, I would stop watching the PBA because I only watched the PBA because of Smart Gilas. So I would like to say good luck to both BGK and TnT. May the best team win.

On the other hand, I should now focus on updating my blog again by sharing more Chris Tiu articles and features I've collected. They're piling up and I want to share it to all ASAP.

Thank you again Smart Gilas! Cheers! \(^_^)/

No comments: