Saturday, April 2, 2011

Halikinu Radio



Hahaha! This was a long long time ago...and I suddenly remembered this so I had to share it here in my blog!

This was the time when the Halikinu Radio crew and the Green Archer Radio gang joined forces for a special on NU 107! READY 2 RUMBLE! If I'm not mistaken this was before the final 4 match between DLSU and ADMU (or was it the finals? I forgot na!) and I tried sending a message again and it was read starting at 6:20. Hihi!

"I love TY and Chris Tiu! Can't wait to see the best friends battle it out again on Thursday!"

I sent another message and it was answered by Sir Rah-rah Racela. Hihi!

I used to listen to Halikinu Radio, yeah an archer snooping in the eagle's nest, hihi! Well, only because of Chris Tiu. Yeah during his rookie days I waited for so long for him to guest there. One day my wish was granted, that was Sept 2004 and since they accepted txt msgs back then, I readied some questions for Chris Tiu!

I recorded the show, but too bad I can't share it here, because I recorded it through my cassette player! Good luck if my cassette player is still functional today! Anywho I was able to make a blog post about it in a very old blog of mine.

I actually used a different username back then (zelda_overhill), which was my Hobbit name. LOL Here were my txt msgs:

"Chris Tiu, u hv bcome a hi flying eagle! Knwng dat TY Tang of dlsu is ur bst frnd, hw do u guys hndle ur frndshp amidst d hot skul rivalry bet dlsu nd admu?"

He said that they still hang-out, and sometimes may asaran, but definitely it doesn't affect teir friendship. Something like that.

My 2nd question was:

"Chris, hw do you handle the demanding priorities of being a ME student and a blue eagle? You really rock to be able to do these things! Good luck!!"

He said it was all about time management, something like that. I even failed to add being a SK Chairman in my txt msg!

You won't believe how happy I was I got an answer from Chris Tiu himself!

Amidst the happiness there was a plus! I won something from Halikinu radio, their contest for lucky texters! Hahahaha! Their prize was a Blue and White CD (ADMU cheers by famous bands)and a gift certificate for Powerstation. But I didn't dare claim it. First of all it was too far from home, and secondly, I couldn't visit the eagle's lair. Hahahaha! The ultimate prize for me was Chris Tiu's answer! Hihi!

No comments: